Top 10 Science-Backed Foods That Boost Metabolism
Different foods stimulate various metabolic reactions within the body due to their unique ingredients.
Likewise wrong selections make the metabolism lethargic; the right choices of metabolism boosting foods help you stimulate metabolism.
If you are in search of how to increase metabolism without exercise, we have rounded up the 10 best metabolism boosting foods that can help burn more calories to lose weight.
1. Coconut oil
It contains healthy fats that are known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCT).
Coconut oil helps the body stimulate blood circulation, boost metabolism and burn fats.
MCTs are great metabolism boosting foods that increase metabolism and burn fat. They help in controlling the blood sugar and lower appetite. (source)
- Foods rich in medium-chain triglycerides can help boost your metabolism and prevent you from overeating.
Researches reveal that one cup of coffee can burn fat through activating hormones.
These hormones melt away the stored fat as well as speed up the metabolism. (source)
- Coffee is rich in caffeine, a compound known to increase metabolic rate by up to 11%.
3. Green Tea
Green tea is known as a superstar ingredient to boost metabolism for flat stomach and losing extra weight. It contains a potent antioxidant called “catechins.”
The antioxidants fight obesity and protect you against type-two diabetes.
Catechins also possess strong anti-inflammatory properties and therefore best to reduce inflammation.
- The perfect combination of catechins and caffeine found in green tea can help your body burn more calories each day.
Almonds are regarded as one of the healthy metabolism boosting foods that are full of protein, omega-3s, and vitamins.
Studies showed that adding these nuts to your diet lead to maintaining a healthy weight.
Furthermore, they may also lower the risk related to various heart diseases. However, this claim is not supported by healthy studies. (source)
- A handful of almonds each day may help boost the amount of fats and calories your body burns.
5. Metabolism-Boosting Spices
The “capsaicin” is found in chili peppers and other common spices. It gives meal that distinct flavor kick and is known for its metabolism boosting properties.
Most importantly, capsaicin has been proved to stimulate the blood circulation, and keep appetite in your control. (source)
- Spices rich in capsican, such as chilies and paprika are shown to increase metabolism and fat oxidation.
Avocados are packed with healthy fats, vitamins, protein, fibers, and minerals.
They help to combat against metabolic disorder on numerous levels. (source)
- Avocado contain potent antioxidants that help increase metabolism by fighting against metabolic disorders such as obesity and diabetes.
A recent study revealed that daily intake of lentils results in both low cholesterol levels and weight loss.
In other words, lowering the blood cholesterol levels is linked to healthy metabolism.
Furthermore, they are rich in fiber that is very helpful in maintaining a healthy gut. (source)
- Lentils help reduce cholesterol level, which helps maintain a healthy metabolism.
8. Fresh Spinach
The high-fiber and iron-rich spinach is great to boost the metabolism.
It is also packed full of potent minerals, vitamins, and protein.
It keeps you feeling full for many hours and suppress appetite. (source)
- Foods rich in iron, zinc and selenium help boost metabolism by promoting proper function of your thyroid
9. Wild-Caught Salmon
Wild-caught Salmon provides omega-3 fatty acids.
Studies revealed that adding up salmon in your regular diet plan lower down belly fat and supports weight loss.
By adding this lean protein in the diet, you can keep yourself feeling full for a longer period of time.
Above all, it may also help in maintaining muscle mass by burning fat. However, this effect may vary from person to person. (source)
- Salmon have strong metabolism-boosting properties due to omega-3 fatty acids. It especially help those consuming high-calorie or high-fat diets.
This versatile spice is one of the best weight loss friendly foods.
It is shown to provide several health benefits which include increased insulin sensitivity and sugar control. It also helps protect the body from storage of fat.
Cinnamon provides manganese that is great to metabolizing carbs and fat. (source)
- Cinnamon increases insulin sensitivity and may help your body get rid of belly fat by boosting your metabolism.